P. Sumathi Professor firstname.lastname@example.org 01332-285259 Website
Areas of Interest
- Advanced driver assistance systems, Image processing, DFT with sliding windows, warning systems, Sensors, Interfacing circuits for smart sensors, Control and signal processing, phase locking schemes, sliding DFT filters, multi-component decomposition, Instrumentation, vibration measurement, capacitance measurement, ultrasonics, Parameter esitmation, on-line estimation of sinusoidal and exponentially decaying sinusoidal signal parameters
|2020-08-10||Ongoing||Professor||Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2018-08-01||4 months||Visiting Associate Professor||Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok|
|2015-11-26||4 years 8 months||Associate Professor||Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2011-05-04||4 years 6 months||Assistant Professor||Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2009-11-01||1 year 5 months||Assistant Professor||Department of Information and Communication Technology, DAIICT, Gujarat|
|2020-10-01||Ongoing||Associate Dean Faculty Affairs||IIT Roorkee|
|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering||Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai||2009|
|M.E.||Control and Instrumentation||College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University, Chennai||2002|
|B.E.||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||S.R.M. Engineering College, Chennai||1996|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Integrated Resistance and Capacitance Measurement System Based on Field Programmable Gate Array||CSIR||2019-08||2 years 11 months|
|Field Deployable Signal Processing System for Measurement of Path Integrated Gas Concentration||DRDO||2015-07||11 months|
|Active Vibration Control of Single-Link Flexible manipulator||DST||2012-12||2 years 11 months|
- Senior Member, IEEE
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Machine Learning for Signal Processing||EEN-674||M. Tech and B. Tech||Spring|
|Advances in Signal and Image processing||EEN-626||M.Tech||Spring|
|FPGA Implementation of Signal Processing Systems||EEN-611||M.Tech||Autumn|
|Virtual Instrumentation||EEN-625||M.Tech and B.Tech||Spring|
|Advanced Digital System Design||EEN-682||M.Tech and B.Tech||Autumn|
|Digital Signal and Image Processing||EEN-521||M.Tech||Autumn|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Integrated Frequency Domain Measurement Systems for Resistance and Capacitance Sensing||Ranjan Tiwari||O||2019-12-30|
|Design and Fabrication of Capacitive Sensor for fF Range with Digital Interfacing Circuit||Om Prakash Maurya||O||2019-07-12|
|Vision Based Advanced Driver Assistance Systems||Sukumar Nagineni||O||2018-07-06|
|Capacitance to Frequency Conversion Based on Recursive Discrete Fourier Transform||Tushar Tyagi||A||2015-01|
|Vibration Parameter Estimation Technique for Ultrasonic Measurement Systems||Ksh. Milan Singh||A||2013-01|
|Time-frequency Analysis of Seismic Signals||Roshan Kumar||A||2011-01|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Om Prakash Maurya and P. Sumathi, "A Digital Interfacing Circuit Based on Sliding DFT Bins for Capacitive Sensors," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement (Accepted).
- Amit Kumar Viswakarma, Sukumar Nagineni, P. Sumathi, "Two-Dimensional DFT with Sliding and Hopping Windows for Edge Map Generation of Road Images," IET Image Processing, pp. 1-13, Mar. 2021 .
- Tushar Tyagi and P. Sumathi, "Finer Granularity DFT Bins with Moving Window for Capacitance Sensing," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 504 - 513, Jan. 2021.
- Tushar Tyagi and P. Sumathi, "Frequency estimation techniques in capacitance-to-frequency conversion measurement," Review of Scientific Instruments, 91, no. 1, 015005, Jan. 2020.
- Tushar Tyagi and P. Sumathi, "Comprehensive Performance Evaluation of Computationally Efficient Discrete Fourier Transforms for Frequency Estimation," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 2155 - 2163, May 2020.
- Tushar Tyagi and P. Sumathi, "Frequency Estimation based on Moving-Window DFT with Fractional Bin-Index for Capacitance Measurement," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 68, no. 7, pp. 2560 - 2569, July 2019.
- Shikha Tomar and P. Sumathi, "Amplitude and Frequency Estimation of Exponentially Decaying Sinusoids," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 229 - 237, Jan. 2018.
- Roshan Kumar, P. Sumathi, and Ashok Kumar, "Synchrosqueezing Transform-Based Frequency Shifting Detection for Earthquake-Damaged Structures," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1393 - 1397, Aug. 2017.
- Udaya Joshi and P. Sumathi, "Sliding Discrete Fourier Transform Based Frequency-Locked Loop for Adaptive Carrier Tracking of Bi-Phase Signals," IET Communications, vol. 10, no.18, pp. 2649 - 2655, Dec. 2016.
- Ksh. Milan Singh and P. Sumathi, "Moving-Window DFT based Frequency-Locked Loop for FM demodulation," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 898-901, May 2016.
- Jinti Hazarika and P. Sumathi, "Moving Window Filter Based Frequency-Locked Loop for Capacitance Measurement," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 7821 - 7823, Dec. 2015.
- Ksh. Milan Singh and P. Sumathi, "Synchronization Technique for Doppler Signal Extraction in Ultrasonic Vibration Measurement Systems," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 3162 - 3172, Dec. 2015.
- P. Sumathi and Ksh. Milan Singh, "Sliding discrete Fourier transform-based mono-component amplitude modulation-frequency modulation signal decomposition," IET Communications, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1221 - 1229, June 2015.
- Chandrashekhar Shitole and P. Sumathi, "Sliding DFT-Based Vibration Mode Estimator for Single-Link Flexible Manipulator," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 3249 - 3256, Dec. 2015.
- Ksh. Milan Singh and P. Sumathi, "Vibration Parameter Estimation Methods for Ultrasonic Measurement Systems- A Review," IET Science, Measurement and Technology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 492 - 504, July 2015.
- Sarita Mishra, Debasmit Das, Roshan Kumar, and P. Sumathi, "A Power-Line Interference Canceler Based on Sliding DFT Phase Locking Scheme for ECG Signals," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 64, no. 1, pp.132 - 142, Jan. 2015.
- P. Sumathi, “A Frequency Demodulation Technique based on Sliding DFT Phase Locking Scheme for Large Variation FM Signals,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 16, no.11, pp. 1864 - 1867, Nov. 2012.
- P. Sumathi, P. A. Janakiraman, “Phase locking scheme based on look-up-table-assisted sliding discrete Fourier transform for low-frequency power and acoustic signals,” IET Circuits, Devices and Systems, vol. 5, Issue 6, pp. 494 - 504, Dec. 2011.
- P. Sumathi, P. A. Janakiraman, “FPGA Implementation of an Amplitude Modulated Continuous Wave Ultrasonic Ranger using Restructured Phase Locking Scheme,” Journal of VLSI Design, Article ID 213043, 2010.
- P. Sumathi, P. A. Janakiraman, “SDFT based Ultrasonic Range Finder using AM Continuous Wave and Online Parameter Estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 59, no. 8, pp.1994 - 2004, Aug. 2010.
- P. Sumathi, P. A. Janakiraman, “Integrated Phase-Locking Scheme for SDFT-Based Harmonic Analysis of Periodic Signals,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II: Express Briefs, vol. 55, no.1, pp. 51 - 55, Jan. 2008.
1. Saurav Kumar, Sukumar Nagineni, and P. Sumathi, "Dataset for Indian Road Scenarios (DIRS21)," IEEEDataPort doi: 10.21227/esy0-sm56. DIRS21